WHAT WE VALUE
- STORY | We evaluate books’ storytelling foremost because well-crafted stories are powerful. The stories children absorb shape their outlook on the world. We find those that are both objectively well-written and emotionally beneficial.
- RELATIONSHIPS | Connection can and should be created and pursued. We encourage children and loving adults to form a bond through reading. We strive to provide an online community that celebrates and supports one another.
- BEAUTY | Just as picture books provide multiple forms of beauty – visual, lingual, emotional – we enhance our message by conveying it beautifully.
- DIVERSITY | We expose readers to a wide variety of writing and illustration styles, themes, and subject matter. Each family can discover what most resonates with them while also appreciating what doesn’t. We celebrate racial and cultural diversity by including a cross-section of characters and settings.
- GENEROSITY | We use our resources to share with others, especially those without access to good children’s books or read-aloud resources. We partner with literacy non-profits and give a portion of our sales directly to them.